The 5 Top Reasons It's Good to Know a Realtor
by Margaret Stapleton
You remember the lady on the block that your mother always called "Aunt Bea, who do you use for a babysitter? Plumber? Housekeeper?" The evolution of this all-knowing neighborhood friend has collapsed into "Angie's List" where you actually have to pay to get the name of an experienced electrician. Fortunately, you are safe - if you know a Realtor!
Yes, the Real Concierge in your community is your Realtor. Realtors have a long term investment in the neighborhood. From government affairs to introducing you the neighbors, realtors love helping. And there is no sticker shock. We help because live here, we shop here, we are the welcome wagon of the old days. Here's our Top 5 Most Common Requests (outside of strictly real estate questions of course).
- Service Providers: Every Realtor has worked with local plumbers, insurance brokers, window washers, contractors and knows them by first name. Service companies typically contact a Realtor when they are looking for work. Ask your Realtor if they have used any of these service providers personally, or if they could refer you to one of their clients that did use the company. Realtors will usually give you 2-3 preferences and let you make a choice.
- Community News: What's going on this weekend? Where is the best place to see a firework's display? Realtors are on the front lines of community activity when representing clients, buyers and sellers. To improve their own services, your Realtor will know event organizers, county officials, wildlife specialists, first responders, even the needs of non-profit organizations.
- Coolest Clubs and Restaurants: Where's the hippest new place? Where's the best place to get truffle fries or a flight of beer? Realtors are people too. We like to check out the new clubs, try the food, make friends with the owners, staff, and patrons. It's a small town and we love running into friends and biz-buddies around town. So join us and help our town thrive.
- Recreation: Where can I go zip-lining or hang-gliding? Where can I board my horses? Realtors keep track of unique recreational resources, contacts and locations. Our community loves to be outside all year long, so take advantage of our years in the community, our contacts and experiences.
- Music and Art Events: Who's playing at Red Rocks this weekend? Where is your favorite artist's work on display? Our community is rich with talent. Every weekend is an adventure offering music, theatre, and art events. Chances are your Realtor donates, helps to organize, or even performs in these public events. They will know what time to show up for the best seats!
So when you're looking for advice on a restaurant, a carpenter, or an interior designer, chances are your local Realtor knows better than the national help line. You don't need Angie. Just call your Realtor.